HEALTH AND SAFETY
The Health and Safety policy was last reviewed January 2019.
Technica Mining Health & Safety Policy – 2019
Technica is committed to the welfare of all stakeholders and believes everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment. The health and safety of employees, clients and the community is the organization’s most important task and must always be the main consideration in every action we take. Our culture embraces “safety as a way of being” and every employee at Technica has a part in ensuring a healthy, safe and enjoyable workplace.
Courage and Humility are at the foundation of this safety culture. Having the courage to speak up when required and the humility to listen when needed are critical pieces in protecting the welfare of everyone. We are committed to holding each another accountable to our core values of Respect, Integrity, Courage, Humility and Honesty. We believe these core values are an essential part of achieving a workplace that is free of injury and illness.
You can count on us to provide a safe working environment of respect and trust which allows us to resolve issues and provide effective, sustainable solutions.
Technica Management is committed to:
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to protect the health and safety of employees
- Prevent occupational illness and injury and promote a safe and healthy work environment through effective use of the Internal Responsibility System
- Provide safe and suitable return to work opportunities for those experiencing work related harm
- Train our employees to recognize hazards and effectively apply controls in the workplace and in the planning of work.
- Educate employees in the standards, policies, procedures and legislation that is applicable to their work
- Communicate health and safety issues to all areas of the organization and investigate incidents to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure effective emergency response is in place for the protection of our people
- Review the Technica Health and Safety Policy annually and communicate with all employees
- Lead by example, promoting the Technica Way in all aspects of their work and within the communities Technica operates
Superintendents and Supervisors are committed to:
- Ensure every reasonable step is taken to protect the health and safety of employees
- Ensure safe work conditions are maintained in all work areas and employees are trained to safely perform their work
- Ensure applicable standards, policies, procedures and legislation are effectively applied to the work design and its execution
- Lead by example, promoting the Technica Way in all aspects of their work and with the communities Technica operates
Employees are committed to:
- The health and safety of everyone in the workplace
- Working in a safe manner, following the all standards, policies, procedures and legislation which apply to their work
- Promoting safe work practices and demonstrating the courage & humility required to continuously lead by example
- Demonstrating the Technica Way in all aspects of their work and within the communities which Technica operates
- Be their “Co-worker’s Keeper” and look after the well-being of others