Are you looking for a growing career in the mining industry and have interest in joining a dynamic team? Look no further as Technica Mining has the opportunity for you!
Technica Mining is an underground mining contractor who specializes in all aspects of mining including, construction, development, production, shaft, electrical, industrial mechanical work and more. Technica is committed to the welfare of all stakeholders and believes everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment. The health and safety of employees, clients and the community are the organization’s most important tasks and must always be the main consideration in every action we take. Our culture embraces “safety as a way of being” and every employee at Technica Mining has a part in ensuring health, safe and enjoyable workplace.
Currently, we are seeking CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT MINERS to join our growing team in the TIMMINS AREA on a 7-7 schedule. The individuals selected for these positions will be required to provide a full range of underground construction & development services while working according to work procedures and company policies and ensuring efficient operations within a safety conscious environment. The key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Timbering, infrastructure installation, rebar for cement form work,
- Assisting with other support duties such as mechanical installations; maintenance of air, water and ventilation; and ground support,
- Performing pre-operational inspections and ensuring safe operation of manual bolting equipment such as jacklegs/stoppers,
- Inspecting existing underground headings and scaling loose rocks while working according to work procedures and company policies within a safety conscious environment,
- Operating a jackleg, stopper, air tuggers, moving hoist and other underground mobile equipment such as forklifts, scissor trucks and utility vehicles
- Inspecting work headings and construction for compliance to code, regulations, and standards and reporting any deficiencies or unsafe conditions
- Must have Basic Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (U0000, U0001, U0002 & U0012) or equivalent provincial designation,
- Specialty module U0086 and or previous experience using a jackleg and stoper considered an asset,
- Must have a minimum of 5 years underground construction experience,
- Demonstrated experience with maintenance and installation of crushers, conveyors, grizzlies, chutes, feeders, non-electrical mine services etc. would be an asset,
- Committed to maintaining a safe and efficient work environment,
- Must be willing to work at any of the underground mine site.
Technica Mining offers a comprehensive compensation package including a company matched pension plan, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
If you choose not to apply directly through the careers page, please reference ‘MINERS’ and forward the resume to:
225 Fielding Road
Or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.