Currently, we are seeking a Conventional Development Miner to join our growing team in the Sudbury Basin. Technica has an interesting near surface project that will include driving of a small lateral development drift and use of an Alimak raise climber to bolt and screen a drop raise. Technica is seeking individuals that have experience with operating alimak raise climbers. The key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Advancing the mining face using conventional mining techniques, bolting and screening vertical shaft from Alimak Climber
- Participating in other facets of underground development, as required, which includes small LHD operation, manual bolting, service advance and other underground activities
- Assisting with other support duties such as mechanical installations; maintenance of air, water and ventilation; and ground support,
- Performing pre-operational inspections and ensuring safe operation of manual bolting equipment, Long Tom Drill, small LHD and Alimak Raise Climber.
- Inspecting existing underground headings and scaling loose rocks while working according to work procedures and company policies within a safety conscious environment
- Inspecting work headings and construction for compliance to code, regulations, and standards and reporting any deficiencies or unsafe conditions
- Must have Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (U0000 to U0012) or equivalent provincial designation
- Must have a minimum of 2 years underground development experience
- The following specialty modules, U0064 and/or U0016 are desired
- Experience in conventional mining operatingAlimak Raise Climbers is required
- Committed to maintaining a safe and efficient work environment,
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment
- Must be open to working at any of the underground mine sites, in Sudbury, that Technica operates at
Technica Mining offers a comprehensive compensation package including a company matched pension plan, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
If you choose not to apply through our career page, please reference ‘CONVDEV22′ when submitting an application and forward resumes to:
225 Fielding Road, Lively ON, P3Y 1L8
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.