Currently Technica is seeking a motivated individual to join our growing team as an Estimator in Sudbury, Ontario. The role of the Estimator is to support the operations with all activities relating to the RFP/RFQ process of the business. The key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Facilitating the bidding process from initiation to submission and negotiation and ensuring business development goals are met
- Reviewing and interpreting scopes of work; analyzing drawings, engineering specifications and associated tender documentation; preparing detailed cost estimates, proposal documents etc. as directed
- Review prints and project specifications for estimating purposes
- Understanding of mechanical drawings for estimating and pricing
- Assemble detailed material take-offs and cost estimates
- Conducting project studies and determining the best methodologies suited for the project requirements
- Obtain Material, subcontractor and equipment pricing to be utilized in cost estimation.
- Develop detailed project schedules
- Tracking, analyzing and conducting audits of previous bid information
- 5+ years’ experience in an Estimating role
- Experience in project management and exposure to the mining industry is considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates initiative with the ability to prioritize, stay organized and work independently in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Committed to working in a team environment
- Willing to work extended hours and able to travel to various mine sites for meetings and site visits as required
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment
Technica Mining offers a comprehensive compensation package including a company matched pension plan, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
If you choose not to apply through our career page, please reference ‘EST22’ when submitting an application and forward resumes to:
225 Fielding Road, Lively ON, P3Y 1L8
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.