Are you looking for a growing career in the mining industry and have interest in joining a dynamic team? Look no further as Technica Mining has the opportunity for you!
Technica Mining is an underground mining contractor who specializes in all aspects of mining including, construction, development, production, shaft, electrical, industrial mechanical work and more. Technica is committed to the welfare of all stakeholders and believes everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment. The health and safety of employees, clients and the community are the organization’s most important tasks and must always be the main consideration in every action we take. Our culture embraces “safety as a way of being” and every employee at Technica Mining has a part in ensuring health, safe and enjoyable workplace.
Currently Technica is seeking motivated and experienced individual(s) to join our growing team as HEAVY DUTY EQUIPMENT MECHANICS. The role of the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician is to provide a full range of mechanical functions including servicing, troubleshooting and maintaining motorized equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing mechanical failures of motorized equipment
- Performing daily equipment inspections
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance to ensure work meets manufacturers specifications
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date service logs and documentation
- Ordering parts as required to complete repairs
- Following daily line-ups and executing scheduled work in accordance with health and safety standards as well as manufacturer specifications
- Valid Heavy Duty Equipment Technician License
- Valid Ontario College of Trades Membership
- Basic Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (U0000, U0001, U0002, & U00012) or equivalent provincial designation
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical field experience
- Previous experience with maintenance on Jumbos and Bolters is preferred
- Strong diagnostic skills to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Committed to maintaining a safe and efficient work environment
- Must be willing to work at any of the underground mine sites that Technica operates at
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment
If you choose not to apply directly through the careers page, please reference ‘MECH21’ and forward the resume to:
225 Fielding Road, Lively ON, P3Y 1L8
Please note that only those who meet or exceed the above qualifications AND experience requirements will be considered.