Are you looking for a growing career in the mining industry and have interest in joining a dynamic team? Look no further as Technica Mining has the opportunity for you!
Technica Mining is an underground mining contractor who specializes in all aspects of mining including, construction, development, production, shaft, electrical, industrial mechanical work and more. Technica is committed to the welfare of all stakeholders and believes everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment. The health and safety of employees, clients and the community are the organization’s most important tasks and must always be the main consideration in every action we take. Our culture embraces “safety as a way of being” and every employee at Technica Mining has a part in ensuring health, safe and enjoyable workplace.
Currently, we are seeking LEAD CONSTRUCTION MINERS/CARPENTERS to join our growing team in the SUDBURY BASIN. The individuals selected for these positions will be required to lead a full range of underground construction and carpentry services while working according to work procedures and company policies and ensuring efficient operations within a safety conscious environment. The key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Proficient at multiple exceptional trade skills in carpentry, concrete, and steel; shotcreting drilling experience, and rigging experience,
- Ability to operate proficiently all utility equipment (utility vehicle, forklift, scissor lift, scoop and boom truck,)
- Operating a jackleg, stopper, air tuggers, moving hoist and other underground mobile equipment such as forklifts, scissor trucks and utility vehicles, concrete mixer, concrete pump, shotcrete machine
- Leading crews in reading and understanding drawings and layouts various projects such as grizzly’s, chutes, crusher stations, rehab work,
- Demonstrating ability to complete all tasks with limited supervision,
- Actively participates in the planning and risk assessment processes,
- Inspecting work headings and construction for compliance to code, regulations, and standards and reporting any deficiencies or unsafe conditions
- Must have Basic Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (U0000, U0001, U0002 & U0012) or equivalent provincial designation
- Desired specialty modules include:
- U003B – Mechanical Staging
- U0004 – Drill Rock
- U0005 – Rock Bot Ground
- U0011 – Extend Services
- U0014 – Operate Forklift
- U0024 – Operate Utility Vehicle
- U0028 – Operate Scissor Lift
- U0036 – Operate Overhead Crane
- U0080 – Install & Maintain Pipe
- U0085 a. Construct Concrete Install, b. Construct Timber Install, c. Construct Steel Install
- U0086 – Perform Shotcrete
- Must have a minimum of 10 years underground construction experience
- Demonstrated experience with maintenance and installation of crushers, conveyors, grizzlies, chutes, feeders, non-electrical mine services etc. would be an asset
- Committed to maintaining a safe and efficient work environment
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment
- Must be willing to work at any of the underground mine sites that Technica operates at
Technica Mining offers a comprehensive compensation package including a company matched pension plan, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
If you choose not to apply directly through the careers page, please reference ‘LEADERS’ and forward the resume to:
225 Fielding Road
Or E-mail: email@example.com
Please note that only those who meet or exceed the above qualifications AND experience requirements will be considered.