Are you looking for a growing career in the mining industry and have interest in joining a dynamic team? Look no further as Technica Mining has the opportunity for you!
Technica Mining is an underground mining contractor who specializes in all aspects of mining including, construction, development, production, shaft, electrical, industrial mechanical work and more. Technica is committed to the welfare of all stakeholders and believes everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment. The health and safety of employees, clients and the community are the organization’s most important tasks and must always be the main consideration in every action we take. Our culture embraces “safety as a way of being” and every employee at Technica Mining has a part in ensuring health, safe and enjoyable workplace.
Currently Technica is seeking motivated individuals to join our growing electrical department as LICENSED ELECTRICIANS. The role of Licensed Electricians is to provide all facets of underground electrical constructions services including installations, troubleshooting and repairs of electrical mining equipment. The key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Installing cable and primary switchgears, transformers, and messenger cables
- High-voltage terminations, control wirings and 600V and 120V distributions
- Maintenance of electrical mining equipment such as drill jumbos and mechanized bolters
- Keeping sound records of work performed, organize materials and assist in commissioning projects
- Organizing and overseeing the day-to-day operations while working closely with the Electrical Superintendent to develop and manage sound electrical workings
- Working safely in accordance with company standards and procedures
- Valid Construction and Maintenance 309a Electrical License
- Active member and in good standing with Ontario College of Trades
- Working knowledge and skills in underground construction
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Committed to maintaining a safe and efficient work environment
- Must be open to working at any of the underground mine sites that Technica operates at
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment
Technica Mining offers a comprehensive compensation package including a company matched pension plan, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
If you choose not to apply directly through the careers page, please reference ‘ELECT’ and forward the resume to:
225 Fielding Road
Or E-mail: email@example.com
Please note that only those who meet or exceed the above qualifications AND experience requirements will be considered.