Are you looking for a growing career in the mining industry and have interest in joining a dynamic team? Look no further as Technica Mining has the opportunity for you!
Technica Mining is an underground mining contractor who specializes in all aspects of mining including, construction, development, production, shaft, electrical, industrial mechanical work and more. Technica is committed to the welfare of all stakeholders and believes everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment. The health and safety of employees, clients and the community are the organization’s most important tasks and must always be the main consideration in every action we take. Our culture embraces “safety as a way of being” and every employee at Technica Mining has a part in ensuring health, safe and enjoyable workplace.
Currently, we are seeking a motivated PROJECT COORDINATOR to join our growing team. The key responsibilities of the Project Coordinator include, but not limited to:
- Analyzing reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests and photographs for project planning and design
- Planning, preparing and modifying reports, specifications, plans construction schedules, environmental impact studies and designs for the project
- Reviewing and assisting in the development of site plans and schedules on a weekly basis
- Attending daily line-up meetings and supporting Supervisors as required
- Managing and overseeing all material movement from surface to underground
- Assisting with scheduling all subcontractor work
- Reviewing scopes of work and project drawings, developing methodologies and job step procedures for all work with assistance from Supervisors, Superintendents and Project Manager
- Ensuring scheduled work has appropriate materials for scope, project and site specs for execution of quality standards
- Post-secondary education in Mining Engineering Technology or B. Eng in Mining Engineering
- Experience in a mining, industrial, construction environment or manufacturing is preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office, AutoCAD and tools such as MS Project, Moss, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact and engage with cross functional teams
- Demonstrates initiative with the ability to prioritize, stay organized and work independently in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment
- Must be open to working at any of the underground mine sites, in Sudbury, that Technica operates at
Technica Mining offers a comprehensive compensation package including a company matched pension plan, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
If you choose not to apply directly through the careers page, please reference ‘PC21’ and forward the resume to:
225 Fielding Road, Lively ON, P3Y 1L8
Please note that only those who meet or exceed the above qualifications AND experience requirements will be considered.