Are you looking for a growing career in the mining industry and have interest in joining a dynamic team? Look no further as Technica Mining has the opportunity for you!
Technica Mining is an underground mining contractor who specializes in all aspects of mining including, construction, development, production, shaft, electrical, industrial mechanical work and more. Technica is committed to the welfare of all stakeholders and believes everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment. The health and safety of employees, clients and the community are the organization’s most important tasks and must always be the main consideration in every action we take. Our culture embraces “safety as a way of being” and every employee at Technica Mining has a part in ensuring health, safe and enjoyable workplace.
Currently Technica is seeking a motivated individual to join our growing team as a SENIOR ENGINEER/ESTIMATOR based in Sudbury, Ontario for our global operations. The successful candidate will report to the Business Superintendent and will support the operations with all aspects relating to the RFP/RFQ process of the business, which includes but not limited to:
- Facilitating the bidding process from initiation to submission and negotiation and ensuring business development goals are met
- Reviewing and interpreting scopes of work; analyzing drawings, engineering specifications and associated tender documentation; preparing cost estimates, proposal documents etc. as directed
- Establishing Quantity Takeoffs and bill of materials, obtain quotes from suppliers
- Conducting project studies and determine methodologies and prepare project execution plans and project schedules
- Tracking, analyzing and conducting audits of previous bid information
- Conducting reviews of ongoing project to apply learning to future proposals
- Demonstrating initiative with the ability to prioritize, stay organized and work independently in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work extended hours, travel to various mine sites for meetings and site visits.
- Working and contributing to a team environment
- Minimum of 3 years of related estimating experience
- Hold a post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or business
- Experience in project management and in the mining, industry considered an asset
- Strong understanding of business ERP systems such as SAP, ViewPoint, Coupa etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment
Technica Mining offers a comprehensive compensation package including a company matched pension plan, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
If you choose not to apply directly through the careers page, please reference ‘ESTIMATOR21’ and forward the resume to:
225 Fielding Road
Or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those who meet or exceed the above qualifications AND experience requirements will be considered.