Are you looking for a growing career in the mining industry and have interest in joining a dynamic team? Look no further as Technica Mining has the opportunity for you!
Technica Mining is an underground mining contractor who specializes in all aspects of mining including, construction, development, production, shaft, electrical, industrial mechanical work and more. Technica is committed to the welfare of all stakeholders and believes everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment. The health and safety of employees, clients and the community are the organization’s most important tasks and must always be the main consideration in every action we take. Our culture embraces “safety as a way of being” and every employee at Technica Mining has a part in ensuring health, safe and enjoyable workplace.
Currently Technica is seeking motivated individual(s) to join our growing team as UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISORS. The Underground Supervisors will act as working supervisors for various underground mining and construction projects and report directly to their designated Site Superintendent. The key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Providing daily briefings with their subordinate crew and hold crews accountable for safety, housekeeping teamwork and professionalism on-site
- Maintaining and enforcing safe work conditions to ensure all work is in compliance with standards and procedures
- Providing safety and technical support to the crews
- Leading crew activities to effectively optimize the utilization of resources, manpower, tools, equipment and parts towards the goal of optimum equipment availability
- First Line Production Supervisor Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (Program #770121 or #770120)
- 5 years of related shifting experience in underground mining and construction, development and or production workings
- Proven development and construction experience is an asset
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment
- Must be open to working at any of the underground mine sites, in Sudbury, that Technica operates at
Technica Mining offers a comprehensive compensation package including a company matched pension plan, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
If you choose not to apply directly through the careers page, please reference ‘UGSUP’ and forward the resume to:
225 Fielding Road
Or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those who meet or exceed the above qualifications AND experience requirements will be considered.