Are you looking for a growing career in the mining industry and have interest in joining a dynamic team? Look no further as Technica Mining has the opportunity for you!
Technica Mining is an underground mining contractor who specializes in all aspects of mining including, construction, development, production, shaft, electrical, industrial mechanical work and more. Technica is committed to the welfare of all stakeholders and believes everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment. The health and safety of employees, clients and the community are the organization’s most important tasks and must always be the main consideration in every action we take. Our culture embraces “safety as a way of being” and every employee at Technica Mining has a part in ensuring health, safe and enjoyable workplace.
Currently, we are seeking a motivated UNDERGROUND WELDER(S) to join our growing team. The key responsibilities of the Underground Welder include, but not limited to:
- Creating a bill of material, gathering necessary tools and identifying the appropriate welding processes to complete the job
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings to fabricate or create custom fabrications to fit field requirements and meet industry standards
- Operating various power tools such as grinders, torches and drill presses
- Valid CWB “all position” SMAW certification
- Must have Basic Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (U0000, U0001, U0002, & U0012) or equivalent provincial designation
- Minimum of 3 years of welding experience, preferably underground
- Ability to read and interpret welding drawings, blueprints, manuals and processes as well as CWB and TSSA welding procedures
- Proven experience with the maintenance and installation of crushers, conveyors, grizzlies, chutes, feeders, non-electrical mine services etc. is an asset
- Willing and able to undergo pre-employment testing as a condition of employment
- Must be open to working at any of the underground mine sites, in Sudbury, that Technica operates at
Technica Mining offers a comprehensive compensation package including a company matched pension plan, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
If you choose not to apply directly through the careers page, please reference ‘WELD’ and forward the resume to:
225 Fielding Road
Or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those who meet or exceed the above qualifications AND experience requirements will be considered.